Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Zoom, Zoom where went June????????

Okay, the summer has begun! June is the month of School's out, our Anniversary, Father's Day & Amber's Birthday! Give me a break from the holidays! But it is an endless opportunity of FUN!
School is out & Adam has been working nights so he GETS to stay home with the kids during the day and have fun in the POOL, in the FORT, on the WATER SLIDE, playing VIDEO GAMES! Sounds like quite the life right???? Of course he would be much more appreciative of all this time he gets to spend with his children during the day if they would sleep in past 8 o'clock since he usually gets home around 2 or 3 in the AM. But hey, Thomas Edison only needed 5 hours a night right and he was a great inventor! Funny, Adam gave me that same dirty look!
We celebrated our 12th Anniversary on the 7th of June, Amber was kind enough to babysit so we got a rare dinner out ALONE and EVEN went to the Movies! We saw Star Trek, which I loved and Adam thought was OK. I know there are alot of ladies who thought William Shatner was IT back in the day, but as for myself....I would have willingly watched alot more star trek with my mom as a kid had James T. Kirk looked like this guy! Not exactly the response Adam was looking for on our Anniversary!

The next weekend we celebrated Amber's 20th birthday, man do I feel OLD! She was 4 when Adam & I started dating....wow! Ben came over and we had dinner and cake of course and did the whole present thing! Lots of fun for all!
Well she has graduated with her AA from St. John's River Community College and is trying to get into the nursing program @ TCC. She got her first job as the Sr. Clerk with the State of Florida Department of Health, and then got a second job as a waitress at a local restaurant, Victor's. We were shocked that she actually.......finally got a job and then right away got 2! But we are very proud of her for working so hard and stepping through the doors of adulthood! Now we just have to get her done with school and into her long awaited career of midwifery, she can't wait! She's wanted to be midwife since she was 10. GO Amber!


Our next big day was Father's Day! Adam got his long awaited Fish Finder for this boat and was happy as a clam!
The kids all made cards and he got a new Bass hat, and we just had a fun night together.

Thus far the summer has been full of just the day to day type things, Adam & I are working and juggling kid activities like TaeKwanDo and activity boys at church. We've done some day trips to Wakulla Springs, the park & such on my Friday's off. But all in all I'm not sure where June really went, it just went by so fast! But don't they all these days!
Zoom! Zoom!






1 comment:

Gardners said...

Hi Leigh! Good to see what you have all been up to. I sent you an invite to my blog, let me know if you didn't get it. I will be in Tampa for three days the first week of November.